Tuesday, June 11, 2024

TWD/BWD: Jelly Roll Cake

 

 


For the first June bake from Baking with Dorie by Dorie Greenspan, I'm posting about the Jelly Roll Cake.

 

I made just half a recipe, and the cake turned out just fine.  It was easy to handle and roll; no splitting; and I filled it with a mixture of pumpkin butter and mascarpone.  Although that's more a fall filling, I needed to use up some pantry items, and it was delicious even so.

 

This is a very versatile cake, and would be a favorite all year round using all kinds of fillings.

 

Stop by the Tuesdays with Dorie website to see what the other bakers made.

8 comments:

Cakelaw said...

It looks delicious!

Kayte said...

What a fun take on this recipe...I love using up pantry ingredients, it's one of my favorite cooking games actually. This sounds and looks delicious. Thank you for the tips on making the smaller size, I was wondering if all that would work when I make it in a couple weeks. It all looks beautiful.

Mardi Michels said...

What a fun take on this recipe!

flour.ish.en said...

Who says you can't make a fall jelly roll in the early summer? I love the color of your cake and how different it is. ~ Shirley

Diane Zwang said...

Pumpkin butter sounds good and kudos to using up leftovers.

Anonymous said...

I think this was a win win…delicious and smart using up ingredients you had!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea using pumpkin. It looks delicious. Good to know the recipe halves easily.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

a cake for all seasons-- love that!