Saturday, August 30, 2008

Jalapeño What?


Like a glutton for punishment, once again, I attempted baking cupcakes for the August Cupcake Hero event. And a challenge it was – jalapeño cupcakes. Oh my.

After my successful red, white, and blue cupcakes for July, I returned to the basic cupcake recipe from the Small-Batch Baking cookbook. I had some jalapeño-lime jelly in the pantry,

so I filled the cupcakes with that, then made a chocolate ganache-type frosting for the tops. Now, that chocolate frosting may look innocent, but it packs an extra kick because of the addition of some chipotle adobo sauce. So, the end result is my entry for the Cupcake Hero Jalapeño Cupcake. Eat one, if you dare!


Credits to Laurie for creating this event, and to Rachel and Teri, the hostesses (aka perpetrators) for this month’s challenge.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Um, I love spicy things, but I have to say - I'd approach that cupcake with quite a bit of apprehension.

But if you made it, there's no doubt in my mind it was delicious. Just not something I'd go out of my way to eat.