Tuesday, September 13, 2022

BWD: Scones Pudding

 


For the first September challenge, I made the Scones Pudding, using day-old Buttermilk Scones.  Now, I ask you:  is there such a thing as a leftover scone?  Not in this house, that’s for sure.  This recipe required a newly baked batch of scones, five of which were allowed to sit around for a few days.  That feat alone -- that they weren’t consumed -- was amazing.   

I also made just a small batch of lemon curd.  I love everything lemon, but a small amount was the perfect decision.  I used cardamom to flavor the custard so the spice wouldn’t overwhelm the lemon. The end result was a delicious lemon-flavored scone pudding with a tasty layer of sliced apples as the topping.

To check out what the other BWD bakers made, head over to the Tuesdays with Dorie website.


 

2 comments:

Diane Zwang said...

I agree with you about this dish. We also don't have leftover scones. Loved the lemon flavor of the curd.

Anonymous said...

I agree…who has extra scones sitting around usually?? They get eaten up!