Tuesday, August 23, 2022

BWD: Buttermilk Scones

 


My second August post for Baking with Dorie is one of my favorite, and frequently baked, recipes:  Buttermilk Scones.  While I try to keep some in the freezer for a quick bread-fix, they disappear way too quickly.  I use buttermilk from Trader Joe’s, and, for what it’s worth, it lasts forever, so I always have buttermilk available.  Sure, I have the powdered stuff (for backup), but it’s just not the same.  Upon checking the freezer, it seems I need to bake some more!

Check out the other links at Tuesdays with Dorie.

 

 

 

2 comments:

Diane Zwang said...

I totally agree with you regarding buttermilk:) We also love scones and make them often.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

yes several folks tried out the buttermilk powder on these. although I'm able to buy it by the pint at my local store, I agree that buttermilk does last a really long time.