Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Tuesdays with Dorie/Baking with Dorie: Steph's Bakewell Tart

 


For the first January recipe, I chose to make Steph's Bakewell Tart.  

 

For the jam layer, I used cherry preserves which I had left over from a previous bake, and which complemented the almond flavor of the cake. 

 


I loved the tart crust, and will definitely use it for future bakes.  The tart actually held up well for several days, but I was happy to share some with a friend.

 

Follow along at Tuesdays with Dorie to see what the other bakers chose to make.


7 comments:

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

It's lovely that the flavors are so versatile!

Mardi Michels said...

Looks perfect!!!

Kayte said...

Oh that looks wonderful, and I did the same thing by using cherry preserves as Mark thought the cherry and almond flavor would be great together, and they were. So fun baking with you again.

Diane Zwang said...

Glad it held up. I look forward to making this one.

ostwestwind said...

Good idea to use cherry jam, your tart looks wonderful

steph- whisk/spoon said...

cherry and almond is an A++ combo!

Amy said...

Your tart looks delicious. Love the idea of cherry - I substituted with strawberry. I'll have to try cherry next time.