Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Tuesdays with Dorie: Baking with Dorie (BWD): English Muffins

 

 

It's been quite awhile since I have participated in a Tuesdays with Dorie bake, but with Dorie's new cookbook, Baking with Dorie, I couldn't pass up the opportunity.  I can't guarantee I'll show up every time, but I will do my best as my nutrition plan allows.

 Over the years, I've baked many different English muffins recipes, searching for the perfect 'one.'  At last, I have found it!  While these English muffins are simple to make, they puff up beautifully and the insides have enough rough edges to absorb bunches of melted butter.  The very first muffin looked the best, but all of them turned out well, even the odd one out, who just had to be different.


 


 

One tip:  liberal use of cornmeal will prevent sticking when transferring from cookie sheet to griddle.

As per custom, we don't publish the recipes here, although it may be lurking out in the Interweb somewhere.  Do, however, get a copy of this wonderful cookbook!  And stop by the Tuesdays with Dorie website to see what the other bakers have made.

6 comments:

Diane Zwang said...

Your muffins came out perfect. I hope you enjoyed them.

ostwestwind said...

Your muffins look wonderful, such a great recipe

Mardi Michels said...

These look great - and yay for the rough bits that absorb more butter!!

Kayte said...

Oh, look how cute yours look. Nice job and great color on them!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

i ike when baked goods have their own personalities- haha. so glad you back baking with the crew!

TeaLady said...

There are several of us who have come back to TWD with Dorie's new cookbook. I, too have been looking for just the right recipe and am looking forward to making these. These look perfect. Glad to be baking with you again.