Tuesday, January 10, 2023

BWD/TWD: Iced Honey-Apple Scones with Spelt

 



Which one to post first?  I’ll start the year with the Iced Honey-Apple Scones with Spelt, yet another delicious treat that can be prepared ahead of time, then baked when needed.  Once again, my suffering quilt group was the target for these scones.  They were really yummy, especially with that bit of vanilla icing drizzle on top and the hint of orange in the dough.  I used the zest from a freshly picked tangerine from my backyard tree, a perk for living in the coastal California region.  Each of my friends took an extra one home, so I guess the scones passed the test!

More goodies can be found at the Tuesdays with Dorie website.

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used an orange from my backyard…I am in Southern California 😂👍. Glad you enjoyed them! These were delicious and loved by all my tasters.

Shirley @ Everopensauce said...

The idea of having a taste of the citrus-scented scone and a tangerine from the backyard to take home is so fantastic. What a gift!

Cakelaw said...

Your scones turned out great - they look delish.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

they look great-- I bet your group loves when you bring treats! and a tangerine from your own tree sounds wonderful.