Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Tuesdays with Dorie/Baking with Dorie: Mokonut's Rye-Cranberry Chocolate Chunk Cookies

 


For the first December recipe for Tuesdays with Dorie, I’m posting the Mokonut's Rye-Cranberry Chocolate Chunk cookies.  Thanks to a demonstration by Sarah Kieffer, I was able to figure out how to create the large dimple in the cookie.  These are one of the best cookies I’ve tasted, really addictive.  

 


I tried to freeze most of them, but, in the back of my mind, I knew they were there and they were calling to me.  The next time I make these, I will play around with dried sour cherries instead of cranberries.  I’m betting they will complement the chocolate chunks nicely.

Next post in two weeks.

Check out Tuesdays with Dorie to see which recipe the other bakers made.

 

6 comments:

Ulrike said...

Great photo, I'll try them with white poppy seeds and white chocolate. I have some dried black currants and try these

Mardi Michels said...

These look PERFECT!!

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

I just got this book and these were ones I bookmarked. Honestly I bookmarked 99% of the recipes.🤣

Diane Zwang said...

Dried cherries sound good. We loved these.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

love the cracks and dimples! cherries will be great in these!

Kayte said...

Oh yours look just beautiful. What a great idea with the cherries...I'm going to do that, too. Mark just loved these cookies...next time I'll try your cherry idea with white chocolate and see how that goes. Thanks for a great idea.