Saturday, July 9, 2011

TWD: Chocolate Chunk Muffins


These were a surprise hit in our household. Moist and cake-like, they were more like cupcakes than muffins, and happily, not cloyingly sweet.




I used Black Cocoa from King Arthur and dark bittersweet Valrhona chocolate for the chunks. At the end, I also threw in a handful of semisweet chocolate chips. My only disappointment was that the Valrhona chunks melted into the cupcake, ne'er to be seen again. Only the chips stayed solid.

My daughter gave them two thumbs up, so this is definitely a repeat recipe.


This week's hostess was Bridget of The Way the Cookie Crumbles. You can find this yummy recipe on her blog.

And, don't forget to check out the other muffins/cupcakes on the Tuesdays with Dorie website.

1 comment:

autovit said...

Oh my God this looks so good and i`m sure that it is delicious too. I think it is not a very difficult recipe so i will give it a try, thanks a lot for sharing.