Tuesday, May 23, 2023

TWD/BWD: Curd, Cream, and Berry Cake

 


 

Who doesn't love blueberries and lemon?  For the Tuesdays with Dorie baking group, I made the Curd, Cream, using fresh blueberries as my berry of choice.

The cake is a delightful, tender cake, especially when soaked with an orange/lemon syrup.  The layers are filled with a mixture of mascarpone, whipped cream, and whipped egg whites, then topped with the blueberries and homemade lemon curd.  As you can see, I was very liberal with the lemon curd, one of my favorite treats..

I chose to make half a recipe (a 6" cake is exactly half of a 9").  It was the perfect size for me, and lasted for several days - with great willpower! 

The recipe for this cake can be found in Baking with Dorie by Dorie Greenspan.

2 comments:

Diane Zwang said...

Blueberry and lemon is a great combination. Your 6-inch cake is very cute.

Cakelaw said...

Your cake looks delicious - blueberry and lemon is a winning combination.