Tuesday, November 8, 2022

BWD: Pear-Comté Tart

 


 

I love fresh pears, and, together with cheese, it’s a delicious pairing (no pun intended).  I already had blue cheese, but I found a wedge of Comté cheese at Trader Joe’s, so, of course, I had to get it.  Before putting it in the oven, I dotted the tart with more cheese and some chopped walnuts.  Nothing better than melted cheese!  The tart is not sweet at all, and, being savory, goes well with a salad for a light lunch along with a piece of roast chicken.  Looking forward to trying the blue cheese version as well. 

More baking delights can be found over at Tuesdays with Dorie.

 

3 comments:

steph- whisk/spoon said...

looks just delicious, and i wouldn’t mind trying out the cheese variations either!

Isthisakeeper said...

Looks like it turned out just great! I am anxious to try this one next week!

Kayte said...

Oh, yes, this was a winner. Your photo is beautiful. We loved it with the Gruyère but I am going to try some others as well...didn't have Comté on hand so will get some of that...Trader Joe's you say? Got it.