Tuesday, July 7, 2009

TWD: The Hepburn Brownie Story


Just a few nights ago, we were watching the Philadelphia Story, one of our favorite movies. They just don't write dialog like that anymore, and, of course, Cary Grant doesn't hurt one bit. I think Bringing Up Baby is one of my all-time favorite movies, once again featuring that great Cary-Kate duo.




These Tribute-to-Katharine-Hepburn brownies were wonderfully gooey inside, with just a hint of cinnamon and coffee to brighten the flavors.


They did stay moist over a period of a few days. With several desserts in house at the moment, we can't overindulge too much, but I'd rather have too many desserts around than none at all.


While I do have a favorite brownie recipe, I like these a lot. I guess I tend toward the moist and gooey rather than the dry and cakey.


This recipe was chosen by Lisa of
Surviving Oz, who won the recent contest for creating a new TWD Logo. Stop by the TWD blog to read about what the others thought.

16 comments:

Megan said...

Too many desserts? Not possible.

Chris said...

Love Philadelphia Story! One of my all-time faves. And this brownies will be too. I agree - moist and gooey brownies trump dry and cakey.

Anonymous said...

Your brownies look wonderful! I need to watch Philadelphia Story.

Nichicakes said...

Yours look tasty, thicker than mine were.

Tammy said...

I love Cary Grant too. Your brownie looks fabulous

Madam Chow said...

Love both of those movies. You're right, they don't write dialogue like that any more.

Pamela said...

In my opinion, moist and slightly gooey is the way a brownie should be! Great job.

Jules Someone said...

Philadelphia Story is one of my all time favorites! We enjoyed these brownies as well.

Leslie said...

I'm right there with you on the moist and gooey end of the brownies spectrum. These look perfect!

mike said...

Gooey, dense, fudgy - those are brownies! At least to me - they look fantastic! I'm glad you enjoyed making them and mostly, eating them!

Hindy said...

Me too. I love the gooey ones. Especially when they're still a little warm.
Glad you enjoyed!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

they look delicious! if you have any still lying around, send them my way!

Trupti said...

brownies looks mouthwatering.

Trupti
Fashion Deals For Less
Recipe Center

TeaLady said...

Good movies. Good movies.

Good Brownies. They look perfect.

NKP said...

They do look really tasty. If you find yourself with too many desserts... you have my address! :)

Kayte said...

Philadelphia Story was just on a couple of weeks ago and I never tire of it. I also like the Grace Kelly version High Society. Your brownies look perfect, btw. Thanks for dropping by my site and leaving a book/author suggestion...I will check it out for sure! Decide what you are taking to the fair yet? I am torn between yeast bread, scones, muffins, cookies, and a pie. I usually just do one, but this year, with all my newfound Dorie experience, I might do more. I should be doing YWPWT so I would feel more confident with the pie deal. Thanks for dropping by...I think I have missed a week over here, so I better go back and check!