Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Baking favorite

My current favorite cookbook is Dorie Greenspan's Baking From my home to yours (now celebrating its first birthday). I've made about half a dozen recipes so far, which isn't bad. [Somewhere I read that the average number of recipes tried from most cookbooks is about 3, 7 at most. Some cookbooks are best used as references, some for the photos, and some are just workhorses. In my collection, there are quite a few I've never used, some from which I've used one or two recipes, and a small group that get a lot of use. Over time, my tastes have changed, but I find it difficult to part with any cookbook.]

Anyway, my favorite recipe so far is the Swedish Visiting Cake. It is simple and delicious. My goal is to try at least one recipe from each section and then start all over again. It's fun to read the recipes and drool over the photos in the meantime.

No comments: