Tuesday, July 11, 2023

TWD/BWD: Cottage Berry Cobbler

 

 


The first bake of July is the Cottage Berry Cobbler.  I opted for a mixture of nectarines and blueberries, adding a bit of cardamom for a little extra flavor.  Also, I used the Tender Biscuit recipe on page 42, which I prefer.


 

Once again, I made just half a recipe, using a 6-inch pie tin.  Leftover uncooked biscuits were stored in the freezer for a future treat.



 

I served the cobbler with some homemade vanilla ice cream. I really enjoyed the sweet-tart flavors of the fruit along with texture of the biscuit topping and the creaminess of the ice cream.  Definitely a winner!

 

Stop by the Tuesdays with Dorie website to see which July recipe the other bakers chose. 



5 comments:

Diane Zwang said...

Like minds think alike, I did the nectarine-blueberry one too. Your biscuits got a nice rise and love the addition of homemade ice cream, yum.

Madeline said...

Ice cream and cobbler are made for each other! I liked your variation on the biscuit recipe- I will have to keep that in mind for future cobblers.

Mardi Michels said...

So pretty and with ice cream <3

flour.ish.en said...

The berry cobbler with icecream will certainly kick it up a notch.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

what a delicious fruit combo, and your cobbler looks fantastic-- almost like the biscuits are popping from the pan!