Friday, June 29, 2012

BBB Buddy: Oatmeal Twists


Where did June go?

Away.  Quickly.

I really did do all my baking before leaving on a quick trip to New Mexico.  

I really did think I would have time to write and post my posts while I was away.

Silly me.



So, now I'm down to the wire.

First up is the bread challenge from the Bread Baking Babes.  Elle, from Feeding My Enthusiasms, was the hostess this time around.  She chose a most delicious oatmeal bread, shaped into twists.

I made these immediately, ate one or two, then put the remainder in the freezer so I could enjoy them upon my return.   I actually had oatmeal flour, which I substituted for the oats, and because I don't have sourdough starter at this time, I made the poolish.  It's getting so that I really enjoy making these preferments.  There is something very satisfying about watching the pre-dough bubble and rise, and then watching the final dough do the same.



Stop by Elle's blog to get the recipe and read about all the variations for this bread.  While there, take a look at the efforts of the other Babes.   I'll be sending this along as a faithful buddy.

3 comments:

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Delightful wording: it's getting to be I like these preferments ;-) Those of us who really enjoy bread making come to appreciate and enjoy all these steps.
Those are cutie twists!

Elizabeth said...

Lovely twists!

I really like preferments as well - I especially like how quick they are to stir together and the miracle that occurs overnight. There's something so thrilling about seeing all those bubbles.

Many thanks for baking with us!

Sweet and That's it said...

Delicious, beautiful twists.
Preferments are the magic of homemade bread baking... it makes everything more "real"...