Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Chocolate Malted Whopper Drops

Over Thanksgiving weekend, while browsing at a local store, I discovered a bag of dark chocolate espresso malted milk balls. I immediately thought of a recipe I had seen in Dorie Greenspan's Baking From My Home to Yours (page 85), so I bought the bag and waited for an opportune moment to bake the cookies. Last week, after all the holiday baking had settled down, I went ahead and made the cookies. I'm glad I took photos right away, because the cookies did not disappoint and disappeared very quickly. I'm sure other types of malted milk balls would work just fine, but the added touch of dark chocolate and espresso was delicious. Next time I go to the Nut House (real name!), I will definitely buy another bag.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I just used regular malted milk balls when I made these, but we liked them so much that I ended up making them 2 days in a row!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy!

Your Whopper cookies look better than mine -- thicker. I loved the taste, but I need to try the recipe again and see if I can make them thick like yours.