Tuesday, August 17, 2010

TWD: Oatmeal Breakfast Bread

A couple of Saturdays ago, I decided to depart from the normal breakfast of cold cereal and bake the TWD Oatmeal Breakfast Bread. It was definitely a good choice. You just can't beat a nice moist bread with a streusel topping.



Instead of raisins, I chose to add dates. Dried sour cherries were a close second, but the dates won out. They were ideal, too, contributing to the moistness and the subtle sweetness.



While it's not very photogenic, the taste is wonderful, truly a nice change from the usual weekend breakfast treat.

Natalie of
Oven Love made a great choice. You can find the recipe on her blog. The other TWD bakers have made some lovely variations of this bread, so be sure and stop by to take a look.



16 comments:

Flourchild said...

Yum it looks so soo! This was a great reciep..easy and tasty!

Paula said...

I was going to use dates too. But then I realized I had none. Sounds like you liked it a lot. It is nice to have something besides cereal once in awhile.

Pamela said...

The addition of dates sounds so good!! What a great idea. Nice job.

Natalie said...

dates would have been so delicious. thanks for baking with me this week!

Mary said...

It's certainly a lot more photogenic than mine was! Dates sound like the perfect addition.
:)

Kimberly Johnson said...

Great idea to use dates! Your bread looks great!

Shandy said...

I love your bread! The dates sound perfect. This is going to be a recipe made continually in my kitchen - I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this bread.

Jeannette said...

oooh dates sound like a wonderful addition!!

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

I find brown food is so hard to photograph, but honestly, I love the first pic - looks very appetizing.

Dates are a wonderful addition to this bread. I'm going to make a note of that for next time.

:)
ButterYum

Jennifer said...

Your bread looks perfect!!!!

Hindy said...

We loved this one too. Dates sounds like a delicious addition!

Susan said...

Looks great! I made muffins with raisins and they were well received here. :)

Kayte said...

Dates sound oh so good in this. It all looks wonderfully delicious inside and out, maybe I should make it again.

TeaLady said...

THIS was a great bread. Very moist and lots of flavor.

I will definitely make this one again. Soon.

Leslie said...

Mmm...dates would be a great choice (but cherries sound good too). Glad it was so yummy!

Beth said...

I love your idea of using dried cherries. And I agree with the earlier poster -- your photos really make the bread look great!