Tuesday, August 24, 2010

TWD: Crunchy and Custardy Peach Tart

It's peach season now, and there could be no better way to celebrate than to make Dorie's Crunchy and Custardy Peach Tart. I made this a few weeks ago, and it disappeared in the blink of an eye.


When I go to the farmers market on Wednesday, I will see if there are still peaches and nectarines available, because I really need to bake this tart again!




In between the peachy spokes, there is a lovely custard that has been topped with a streusel mixture. This creates a wonderful flavor and texture combination between the creamy and nutty and the fruity. There is a visual texture as well.




Thanks to Rachel of
sweet tarte for a perfect summer dessert. You can find the easy recipe on her blog.



After looking at a few early posts, I'm wondering if we all used the same recipe and instructions, because my tart looks totally different. That's one of the fun things about baking groups, though. Everyone's efforts can look completely dissimilar. I'll be checking the TWD blog tomorrow morning to see all the tarts and read all the comments.


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your tart looks amazing! I love the way you laid out the peaches!

Rachel said...

Yum! It looks like you got the spokes perfectly arranged! I had alittle bit of trouble with that part...thanks for bakign with me this week!

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

That is one of the things I love about TWD. Seeing all the different ways people make the recipe is always fun. :) Love the spokes on yours!

Mary said...

I think your tart looks lovely, and just as Dorie described. I made mine in a rectangular pan, so it definitely looks different.
:)

Jeannette said...

Yours looks so fancy! Mine just looks thrown together, but still delish!!

spike. said...

love the way you arranged the tart!

Shandy said...

Great peach tart! Your tart has such a fun peach design and I can see why your's was eaten so fast. This is a fabulous recipe ~ we loved it too.

Jacque said...

Mmm, I like how it looks similar to the French Pear Tart... very classy!

natalia said...

Ciao Judy ! i love your tart and you made me smile with the results' story : you are right they are all different !! ( My pan is 8 ..)

Beth said...

I arranged mine the same way! Lovely tart :-)

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

I love the way you arranged yours. Lovely. The instructions were rather confusing.

TeaLady said...

Beautiful tart. I made one mini and now am sorry I didn't make a large one. Guess I will just have to sacrifice and make it again.