Tuesday, December 23, 2008

TWD: Tall and Creamy Lime Cheesecake


Thankfully, this month we were allowed to switch the order of our baking assignments. I had an opportunity to make dessert for my Tuesday quilt group, so I chose the cheesecake as the perfect dessert. Plus, I had all the ingredients on hand. (I had been collecting cream cheese for a short while.) To jazz it up a bit, I picked some limes off the tree. I love limes, and they added just the right amount of flavor to the cheesecake.

I was glad that I had my super Kitchen Aid, though, since there was so much filling. My regular-sized KA would have struggled, I'm sure. I wrapped the springform pan snugly with 2 sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil to protect against leaks. I did have to bake it longer than the recipe stated, so I went by appearance rather than time. The end result was just right.





I really liked everything about this cheesecake, especially the flavor and texture, and so did my friends. In fact, after it was gone, I really missed having my evening sliver for dessert! Another good feature is its versatility. It truly is a basic recipe, allowing for many flavor combinations.




Thanks to Anne of
AnneStrawberry for a delicious choice for December. When you check the TWD blogroll, you may find a variety of desserts this week, but all will be delicious. Happy Holidays to everyone!



10 comments:

NKP said...

Picked some limes off your lime tree..... I hope you have a guest bedroom, I am coming down!
The sky high cheese cake looks wonderful, your group must have been thrilled!

The Food Librarian said...

Oops. Forgot to write - Happy Holidays to you Judy!!!
- mary the food librarian

Unknown said...

Looks fantastic - I'm making mine today (maybe with some Meyer lemons) and I hope I get that altitude! Happy holidays!

Megan said...

Oh so you just wandered into your backyard to pick limes? I am jealous, jealous, jealous!

I did a plain version of the cheesecake, and I thought it was really good. Now, though, I can't wait to make the butterscotch!

Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy! I can't wait to make this.Happy holidays!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree - I made mine with lemon and added a passion fruit sauce, and it was fantastic. And I'm not usually a fan of cheesecake!

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Oh, your cheesecake is perfection, just plain and simple lime perfection! We loved it too, even with the leak mine developed.
Nancy

marae said...

yum, lime sounds great...i did an eggnog version for xmas but this is a recipe that can easily be modified for flavor. looks great, just like mine hehee.

Marthe said...

Your cheesecake looks great, I'm glad everyone liked it!! I loved it!! And it was a big hit with my family and coworkers too!!

Leslie said...

Lime sounds delicious! I think yours looks great...bet it was tasty!