Saturday, December 13, 2008

Cookie Paint


As an alternative to frosting or sugaring cookies, sometimes we like to paint them. When my girls were little, especially around major holidays, it was a good way to have them help with the baking, while providing a creative outlet. It's not messy and there are no decorating rules. Each cookie is an empty palette.


So, for anyone wishing to let their artistic talents bloom, here is the recipe.



Take one egg yolk, mix with 1/4 teaspoon water, then divide into small portions and add food coloring. Mix. Grab a brush. Paint.



I expect to see glorious painted cookies on everyone's blog now.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I don't even know where to start. The pasta, the spinach, the cookie paint, but I think I'll pass on the eggs. You truly are superwoman, making the rest of look like slackers!!