Sunday, December 7, 2008
It's All About Me(me)
Way back in November, my friend, Natashya, challenged me to a meme. Well, as befitting a truly analytical personality, I think I'm ready to share the results, probably more than you wanted to know.
7 things I did before:
1. Played 'restaurant' during summer vacations with an old set of dishes in the garage.
2. Went ice skating nearly every weekend.
3. Saw the Beatles in person, twice.
4. Started baking bread at age 15.
5. Traveled throughout Europe by car.
6. Went to culinary school long after I knew how to cook and bake.
7. Have lived in New Mexico, Washington, Oregon, Arizona, and Missouri.
7 things I do now:
1. Run my own business.
2. Enter stuff in county fairs.
4. Cook and bake.
6. Do Sudoku.
7. Listen to music nearly constantly.
7 things I want to do:
1. Travel again
2. Learn to play the harp.
3. Own a B&B or restaurant (the business plan is ready, just need capital)
4. Learn more languages (German and Italian).
5. Apprentice with a cheese maker.
6. Return to New Mexico.
7. Live six months out of the year in Europe.
7 things that attract me to the opposite sex, more or less in order:
6. Sense of humor
7. Loves & appreciates quality food
7 favorite foods:
1. Reuben sandwich with everything on it
2. My mashed potatoes
3. New Mexican food
4. Fruits and vegetables
5. Fresh, homemade bread
6. Pain au chocolat
7. Ice cream
4 things I say most often:
1. Good morning
2. Is that my bone?
3. What a silly dog!
4. Expletive deleted.
Since it's just me and the dog, there's not a lot of stimulating conversation, and after going to culinary school and working in a restaurant, my language became openly saltier more frequently.
And, all things are subject to review and change.
I'm not sure if I was supposed to do the Desert Island scenario, but if that were to happen, I'd bring along flour, sugar, butter, eggs, and chocolate, which would allow me to create many culinary possibilities.
Feel free to play along.