Monday, December 22, 2008

Chocolate Crackle Cookie Bake-Along


Thanks to Megan for a bake-along challenge. Last week Megan made Chocolate Crackle Cookies using a recipe from Martha Stewart. Yesterday I was finally able to fit them into my schedule. I've made these before, using a different recipe, but not often because I always thought it was a huge investment in chocolate. How my perceptions have changed! After Daring Bakers and Tuesdays with Dorie, 8 ounces of chocolate doesn't even cause me to cringe anymore.

My only issue with the dough was it's stickiness, even after chilling. I had to keep refrigerating the dough after 4 or 5 balls because it would stick to my fingers. I think I lost several cookies just from that. But, I did prevail, and I have to say the cookies are delicious. For science's sake, though, I think I will track down my previous recipe and do some comparison baking. For science, you know.



You can find the recipe on Megan's blog.


OK, Megan. What's next on the bake-along agenda?


3 comments:

What's for Supper? said...

Yours look good and were much poofier than mine. They were so flat. Didn't matter though because they were pretty tasty!

Megan said...

For sciences' sake, I do suggest you make the other recipe. :)

I made my husband help with the rolling and yes, it was sticky, sticky, sticky. But to me, the flavor made me forget about the work.

Got any suggestions for the next bake along? I have a tray of cookies I am making for a neighbor's Christmas party and there's room for one more!

L said...

I just made 3 batches of these. They are great but you are correct about the stickiness. I tried putting the dough in the freezer for a little and it helped a tad.