Tuesday, March 8, 2011

TWD: Corniest Corn Muffins

We're a family that loves cornbread in any form, so I'm always on the lookout for a new recipe to try.



I had planned to make these for dinner tonight (Monday), but my daughter wasn't in the mood for soup, having had some for lunch. All my ingredients were already assembled, however, so I decided to make the muffins anyway.




They turned out just fine. The addition of the corn kernels added a nice crunch.




My daughter tried one and like the flavor, so I take that as approval and will add them to my corn muffin/corn bread list. Each recipe has a slightly different taste; sometimes you want one taste rather than another, so the more choices, the merrier.



This week's hostess was Jill of
My Next Life.

Stop by the Tuesdays with Dorie website to see more corn muffins.




10 comments:

Cindy said...

I agree--life (and cooking) is all about choices. Isn't that a wonderful thing!

Anonymous said...

i agree--so fun to have various recipes for such a diverse bread/muffin.

i loved this recipe and added rosemary.

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Always great to have those different recipes on hand - love your muffins! :)

Flourchild said...

They look good...I love the first picture the best! Im glad you enjoyed this recipe,I did too!

Tia said...

choices choices... like how many of these to eat! lol
Buttercreambarbie

Peggy said...

I'm with you - love love cornbread. These were really tasty and yours look fabulous!

Kayte said...

Yep, cornbread lovers here, although they seem to be divided on the kernels inside issue...no problem, some with, some without and I can join either camp! Yours look great and is always nice when the daughter approves, too!

Mary said...

So glad you found another cornbread recipe to add to your collection. I'm still looking! I wonder what these would be like with blueberries instead of corn? Maybe that's what I'll do next time. Or find one of your sure-fire recipes.
:)

Cakelaw said...

Glad you nd your daughter liked these. I liked the crunch of the corn too.

Hindy said...

Your muffins have risen nicely. I'm glad you enjoyed them!