Tuesday, November 16, 2010

TWD: Cranberry Lime Galette


By all rights, this galette shouldn't look as good as it does.

When the baking time was up, I decided that it needed just a few more minutes in the oven. So, I closed the oven door, and waited for the nice golden brown color to appear.

Only I got distracted. I walked over to the computer and started checking out various websites and blogs. Then, I went over to the dog to give her some attention. Somewhere in mid-pet, a little bell went off in my brain. Oh say, didn't you have a galette still baking in the oven? It must be carbonized by now.

Truly, the goddess of baking and ovens must have been overseeing everything, because the galette was perfectly cooked.



This is a simple, but delicious, dessert.

First, you roll out your pastry crust, then spread some finely chopped nuts and bread crumbs in the center.



Next, you spoon your fruit mixture over the crumbs.



Finally, you carefully fold up the sides of the pie dough, pleating the excess as you work your way around the galette.



Brush a little water on the dough, sprinkle with sugar, then bake for about 40 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. (I used a water spray bottle and it worked great.)



This week's hostesses were Whitney, April, and Elizabeth of Celestial Confections. Not only is this a lovely dessert, but it meets all the requirements for breakfast. And lunch.



Stop by Tuesdays with Dorie to see what the other bakers did. I understand there were all kinds of fruits filling this galette.





9 comments:

Cakelaw said...

Your galette turned out fab - maybe the Gods smiled because you were being kind to your puppy when ypu got distracted. Whatever the reason, I'll have a slice please.

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

You did not produce a beautiful galette. You must have the magic oven to work for you.
My oven was not so kind amd I had to disgard the rim of the galette.

Jacque said...

How awesome! A perfectly baked galette... the baking angels were with you this week.

Your galette looks fantastic.

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

It's beautiful! Love the sugar on the crust, too! :)

Nicole said...

Yours look great! I think this one was very forgiving, which is nice.

TeaLady said...

Yep. Been there. And not with such good results.

Looks just perfect!!!

Mid-pet. LOL

kayte said...

It doesn't look like this gave you a lick of trouble...it looks absolutely perfect to me! I still haven't made it, but I am going to, just been a busy week.

Jeannette said...

i love when the baking gods bless you with a perfectly browned galette instead of a carbonized one ;)

Leslie said...

What a spectacular success!! I wish mine looked 1/10th as good as yours!