Friday, November 26, 2010

FFwD: Pumpkin Gorgonzola Flan


I saved the last of the French Fridays with Dorie recipes for Thanksgiving Dinner.

That would be the Pumpkin Gorgonzola Flans. Only those loving that combination were present for dinner (all two of us), while the pumpkin-blue cheese hater was out of town. Her loss.


This is certainly an easy dish to prepare. My only alteration in the future would be to add twice as much gorgonzola. The cheese loses its strength in the flan, leaving only a soft, salty goodness, so I think more would be just fine.



As you can tell from the photo, the Potato Gratin made a reappearance at the holiday dinner table. It's wonderful that both dishes cook at the same temperature for a similar amount of time.


I'm looking forward to the December FFwD selections. One of the losers will be on the menu for tonight's dinner. Turkey sandwiches and soup -- how can you go wrong with that combination during freezing southern California evenings?

5 comments:

Steph said...

I agree, twice the cheese would be good. So glad you liked them!

Kris' Kitchen said...

Your dinner looks delicious. I'm getting ready to make the turkey soup/salad meal too...but we had to have something different yesterday so pizza was the choice. I'll have to look up Dorie's recipe to see what she does...always fun to try something a little new. Enjoy your weekend and hope your family all had a great Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a delicious meal!

Cakelaw said...

I agree, these were so good, and the pumpkin blue cheese hate really missed out.

Lana said...

I think I agree with you on the amount of gorgonzola. I loved these, but, unfortunately, so did the kids, and there was no extra for adults:)
I am looking forward to the news month of exploring Dorie's recipes.