Friday, November 12, 2010

FFwD: Roast Chicken

Here's another recipe from November's French Fridays with Dorie, Roast Chicken for Les Paresseux, or lazy person's chicken.




Basically, it's just a roast chicken with garlic and herbs, and it turns out deliciously. The recipe is similar to how I usually roast a chicken, except you are supposed to put a slice of bread under said chicken during the roasting process.

In theory, you end up with a luscious-tasting piece of toast.


In theory.


My piece of bread totally disintegrated and was nowhere to be found amongst the potatoes, carrots, onions, and liquid.



Aside from three meals, I did get a month's worth of tasty-looking chicken stock from the carcass, which is always a good thing.

2 comments:

Kayte said...

Your chicken looks fabulous. Seriously great. My pieces of baguette were just one big soggy greasy mess...who is going to eat THAT??? Not me, that's for sure...no one here wanted it so out it went. The rest of the dinner was absolutely wonderful, however, definitely a repeat.

Unknown said...

This one was great, wasn't it? I actually liked the soggy, greasy bread...although it would have been better crisper.