Saturday, November 6, 2010

FFwD: Potato Gratin

For years, I've searched to find the perfect recipe for potato gratin. One that was simple, worked, and tasted good.

With Dorie's recipe, I'm pleased to say that I have finally struck gold.


This was a simple, yet delicious, dish. The thinly sliced potatoes were layered in the baking dish with garlic-infused cream and shredded gruyere cheese, then baked until golden and crispy.


Instantly, this became one of my favorite dishes. Stop by French Fridays with Dorie to see the recipe line-up for November.


Next up for me will be the Roast Chicken for Les Paresseux.


By the way, congratulations to Dorie for making the Best Books of the Year lists for both the New York Times and Amazon.com.

3 comments:

Kayte said...

Wow, that looks good...I can't be looking at pictures of these potatoes too much as it just makes me want to make them all over again...not a good thing for the waistline if you do it too often! Yours look perfect. I think I might do the chicken next as well. Trying to put off that pumpkin thing as long as possible.

TeaLady said...

I have been on the same quest and it is ended. I think it was the garlic/cream that took it over the edge. Big hit here and the only one I will make from now one.

Looks perfect!!

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

I have not made it yet but I can't wait. If yours is an example, I want it now. Dorie comes through again and you helped her.