Tuesday, May 11, 2010

TWD: Strawberry fields close by

It's strawberry season here. This year the berries are as sweet as can be.

I stopped by a local stand on Saturday, and taste-tested five different varieties. My favorite one (Alyssa) was sold out, so I bought the Gaviota instead. They were incredibly sweet as well.



Because this week's Tuesday with Dorie choice was a fresh berry tart, I knew that fresh, fresh strawberries were the only way to go.


Sunday, I made three small tarts for Mother's day.


One for my daughter, who treated me to a one-hour hot stone massage. Aaaahh. Feel that tension melt right away.




One for my neighbor, who is a good friend, and, who I felt needed something special for the day.




One for me.



Even with three small tarts, I had leftover pie crust, pastry cream, and strawberries. So, today, I made four little bite-sized tarts.




What a treat!



For the recipe, go to Cristine's blog, Cooking with Cristine. She is responsible for this yummy dessert.



To see more Quick Classic Berry Tarts, head over to the TWD blog.


9 comments:

Flourchild said...

We ate our tart for Mother's Day too! Your mini's are super cute..love it!

Nickki said...

Your mini tarts look so good! I loved this recipe. Glad you enjoyed it :-)

Rachel said...

I love farm stand strawberries. The best! Your tarts are so cute. Did you use the jelly glaze?

Kayte said...

These are so darn cute! I just love what you did with these. Happy Mother's Day, btw.

Cristine said...

I love your minis! Thanks for baking along with me!

Tia said...

I've wanted those tart molds for a while now. They are too cute.

The Mortensens said...

Looks like something out of a bakery! Also, I love the different shaped pans. So cute. :)

TeaLady said...

Oh How I wish we had a framer's market somewhere near so I could find some fresh local fruit. Tarts look great. Love the little molds.

natalia said...

Ciao Judy ! How wonderful that your tartlets went for good reasons and that you had more !! Reading you are from ventura made me 'homesick' !!