Friday, May 21, 2010

BB: Spring Green Risotto


Yesterday, I went to bed at 2:30 am. Another large project was finally finished and sent to the publisher. After a brief four hours of sleep, I was rudely awakened by the sound of the dog horking up something at the base of the stairs. It's amazing how fast you can move when you hear that sound.

I booted the dog outside, went back upstairs to wake up and prepare myself for cleanup duties. Not too bad, but the resulting wet spot was in the shape of a perfect heart. As my daughter phrased it, the dog left me a "barf of love."

What has this to do with risotto?

Absolutely nothing.


Except I had made the risotto on Tuesday night and had to postpone posting about it until now due to deadlines and a lack of sleep.



I only made half a recipe and tried to limit myself to eating just half of the half. I used red wine instead of white, since it was already open, which is why the risotto looks a bit pinkish. I thought it was very good, indeed, and was looking forward to consuming the remaining half on Wednesday.


But, my dear daughter asked if she could take it for lunch. How could I refuse?

Her verdict was that this is truly a delicious risotto. Now I know for sure it's a winner!



I still have half the raw ingredients in the fridge, so I think I will make it again this weekend.


Thanks to Kimberly from
Indulge & Enjoy for another great Ina Garten recipe. Stop by the Barefoot Blogger site for more recipes and comments.

The Spring Green Risotto recipe is here.







1 comment:

Leslie said...

Ha ha! I have the same reflex when a cat starts that awful sound that you know will result in a wet hairball where you least want it.

We loved the risotto, too, and I went out and bought arborio rice this weekend (when I made it I had to use regular white rice). So maybe I'll make it again soon so I can use up the mascarpone.