Thursday, July 23, 2009

BB: Peach and Blueberry Crumbles


The second Barefoot Blogger recipe of July celebrated the wonderful bounty of fresh fruits, specifically peaches and blueberries. This fruity crumble was chosen by Aggie of Aggie's Kitchen.

Yesterday morning I went down to the Wednesday Farmers Market and found both the peaches and the blueberries, all grown locally. The peaches were ripe and ready.


While I was waiting for the water to come to a boil, I prepared the crumble topping. Then I plunked all 9 peaches into the hot water (they were on the small side) for about one minute, then transferred them to a cold water bath. The skins slipped right off with absolutely no effort on my part, so I was able to quickly peel, pit, and slice the little gems.




Since I baked it mid-morning today, we were able to snack on this delicious dessert all afternoon. I'd say it was a winner -- easy to make and really delicious.




I believe the other BBs enjoyed the dessert as well, so when you have the time, stop by and enjoy their efforts. You'll also find the recipe there as well as on Aggie's blog.

2 comments:

NKP said...

Yum, a great celebration of stone fruit season.

The Food Librarian said...

Judy, this is like summer in a dish! Yum!