Thursday, November 20, 2008

Barefoot Bloggers Bonus: Chive Risotto Cakes


Knowing that I would be using rice in several dishes this week, I prepared a large amount this past weekend. So, yesterday, I was down to the wire for making the Chive Risotto Cakes, a November bonus recipe chosen by Deb of Kahakai Kitchen.

I had planned to make them Tuesday night, but that didn't happen. And yesterday, I was headed to the dentist for some heavy-duty dental work, so I knew I wouldn't be able to eat much for a day or two. I decided to have dinner for lunch and made the cakes in the early afternoon.


Now, all the ingredients were chilled, just not chilled together, so the cakes refused to stay in one piece. I felt like I was frying chive risotto crumbles. So maybe there is something to mixing the ingredients and having the entire mixture chill as one.



Even so, they turned out fine and were delicious. I had two hot ones with lunch, then refrigerated the remaining ones. By dinnertime, I couldn't feel, chew or taste much, so I ended up eating those remaining ones, cold, with a bit of salt. I can say that they are good either hot or cold and definitely worth making.

So, thanks to Deb and the Barefoot Bloggers for a good bonus this month.

(The bonus cakes will have to wait until I can eat again.)

6 comments:

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

I think these are my favorite thing to have for dinner and then as a snack or cold lunch! Just love risotto!

Suzie said...

I agree that these were really good. I love yummy leftovers like this.

NKP said...

I was eating the leftovers cold too. They really were good.
I hope you are feeling better. :)

Megan said...

Ugh, dental work - what a pain (literally). I wanted to make the chive cakes but time just slipped past.

Hope you're feeling better soon -

Anonymous said...

These look very good. I wish I had time to make these this month but they will have to wait until another time for me.

Becky said...

We really liked these, too. I ate some leftover cold, but they also reheated pretty well in the toaster oven. Sorry about the dental work, but glad you liked the risotto cakes.