Tuesday, October 21, 2008

TWD: Pumpkin Muffins

Fall is definitely here. You can tell by all the pumpkin recipes swirling around the blogiverse. For the Tuesday with Dorie bakers, pumpkin muffins were on order, chosen by Kelly of Sounding My Barbaric Gulp.


I love any pumpkin and spice combination, so I was looking forward to baking these, with only slight modifications. Again with the raisins! Not for me. I substituted currants instead because they add the fruitiness but are low key. For the topping, I sprinkled on chopped pecans instead of the pumpkin seeds which I don’t stock in the pantry. I also only made half a batch, but did end up with 9 muffins, some of which I will freeze for future enjoyment.




Judging from the other TWD bakers’ comments, these muffins can be dressed up in many ways. The ones containing chocolate sound fine to me, so that is definitely a possibility for the next batch. I’ll be checking out what others have done over the next few days.

13 comments:

Engineer Baker said...

I think a next batch is in my future too. Yours look wonderful, and I'll be impressed if some make it into the freezer at all - mine disappeared pretty quickly!

Marthe said...

Looks perfect! I may well be baking another batch of muffins this week!!

Anonymous said...

i used pecans, too - they're just so good with everything!

Megan said...

Yeah, what is it about Dorie and her raisins? Sheesh! She puts them in everything!!!

kimberly salem said...

glad you liked them! i stuck with raisins for once, but yea, i'm generally not a fan. i just got tired of thinking of other things to put in instead ;) great job on yours!

Pamela said...

Your changes sound great and the muffins looks so chunky and yummy.

Anonymous said...

Your muffins look yummmy! I'll have to try baking with currants. I've done it.

TeaLady said...

The muffins look tasty. I like the pecans more than the the seeds. Yummy!

The Food Librarian said...

Freezer! I should have thought of that. I brought my into work, but next time I'm saving a few for myself! Your muffins look great!

Shelby said...

I have decided this is my pumpkin muffin go to recipe. I loved the raisins and walnuts with sunflower seeds on top!

Heather B said...

I froze a batch of mine too! Great job! They look delicious!

chocolatechic said...

Wonderful job.

Yours look great.

LyB said...

I will definitely be making more of these as I just got a huge pumpkin from the farmer's market! Pecans sound great on these.