Monday, October 27, 2008

Blood By Mail. Oh. No. Wait. Blogging By Mail.

Once again I signed up for the Blogging By Mail fun event, hosted by Stephanie of Dispensing Happiness. It may be silly, but I get so excited doing mystery exchanges, wondering what's going to be in the special box, wondering who the sender will be. Who got my name?


A few days ago my box arrived and the surprise sender was revealed. Any guesses?






Buffyfest, lover of all things Buffy!




Yes, I am familiar with the Buffy phenomenon, and with Halloween only a few days away, this was a perfect package.



Details follow:



Let's see. Group One contains vampire/bat-related items. A set of fangs with a black, bloody tongue (yum); a witch-topped Pez dispenser (do you know how many years it's been since I've had one of those?); an orange hand towel adorned with a handsome face; batty self-stick note papers; glow-in-the-dark scary faces; and a bar of Buffy Body Butter from Lush (how did you know I like Lush? The last time I was in London, I bought a bunch of soaps from there.)





Group Two is next. You can't go wrong with chocolate chip cookies, can you? Especially with green jasmine tea. Ginger and chocolate provide a great pick-me-up for those slow afternoons. Garlic croutons? Caesar salad, here they come! Vampires beware. And that small can on the right? So cool. Buried Pomegranate soda, made with Real Cane Sugar. None of this high-fructose garbage. Oh yeah. I'm gonna chill that baby and chug away on Friday night.



All of these goodies were carefully packed in this beautiful hat box-container. I love it! It won't be long before it's full of project-related items. (By the way, I also enjoyed the packing material -- sheets of WWD.)


Thanks to Buffyfest for sending some fun and thoughtful gifts. All the anticipation was worth it. And thanks to Stephanie for being such a brave hostess.

********************************

I should add, that as much as I like receiving, I also like giving. One of my readers will be the lucky recipient of my BBM package. Now I have to wait some more, but at least the box is on its way!

2 comments:

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Fun! And we do all need fun!

Tara said...

Yay! It arrived...we're so glad you're enjoying it and Happy Halloween :)

Love,
The Buffyfest Bloggers