First, the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on the blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up
Second, what you've all been waiting for:
1. I’m self-employed and work from home. On the positive side, I can set my own schedule; on the negative side, I work every day of the week.
2. Along with cookbooks and cooking-related magazines (a given), I collect fabric for quilting. I have a closet full and the collection keeps growing. My favorites are bright, clear colors and anything with metallic gold. To feed my addiction, this coming weekend I’m going down to the International Quilt Festival in Long Beach. (I won’t be working on Saturday; see #1)
3. From 1994 to 2005 I had the opportunity to do quite a bit of traveling. I’ve been to England, France, Germany, Netherlands, Austria, Slovakia, Poland, Italy, Switzerland, Portugal, and Spain; a bunch of Caribbean islands, Puerto Rico, Mexico, and Canada; and 37 of the 50 US states.
4. In high school and college, my passion was foreign language. I speak French, Russian, Spanish, a bit of Japanese, and some American Sign Language. I can read and understand several other languages as well.
5. I’ve been cooking since I was 8. I had a fabulous home-ec teacher in high school, who taught me how to make bread and pie crust, fix any kind of vegetable, select cuts of meat, and do just about anything in the kitchen. I’ve taken informal cooking classes over the years, and have just completed 2 + years of official culinary school.
6. I can bray like a donkey.
Third, I tag the following people:
(unless you've been tagged recently)