Friday, July 25, 2008

One frozen yogurt down, one to go



Because I love lemons and limes so much, I’m always on the lookout for recipes that feature them. I also have an inordinate fondness for ice cream. One of my favorite ice cream flavors is lemon custard. I’ll even pass up chocolate for that one. It’s not easy to find either, but I have been known to drive some distance to eat some. My favorite place for lemon custard is the Superior Dairy, in Hanford, California. Seriously, one scoop will feed 3 people. If you’re ever traveling anywhere near Hanford (in the San Joaquin Valley), I would strongly suggest stopping and spending some time there. Along with the ice cream, there are interesting things to see and do in the area.


But, I digress.


Recently, one of my friends, Megan (My Baking Adventures), suggested I try her lemon frozen yogurt – for her that was an adventure in itself! So, I did. I just finished a small bowl, for test purposes only, and found it to be delicious, with a lemony, tangy goodness. It would be perfect on a hot, hot day. Check Megan’s blog for the recipe and story.




Coming up soon will be another Megan-inspired frozen dessert – strawberry frozen yogurt. I will have some leftover strawberries from my current project, so they won’t go to waste. I had read about the different ice creams in the June issue of Food & Wine, so this gives me added incentive to experiment.

No comments: