Thursday, August 4, 2011

TWD: Cocoa Almond Meringues

I'm back from vacation and ready to start cooking again. These Cocoa Almond Meringues were a lovely welcome-back recipe.




One of my very first cookbooks was the Joy of Cooking, which I received on Christmas day, 1965. (Santa was clairvoyant.) There is one cookie recipe in Joy that I have been making for over 35 years -- Chocolate Cracker Kisses. They are my go-to chocolate meringue cookie, with a secret ingredient of -- ta da -- salted soda crackers.


Dorie's cookies are a really close second to the kisses, and I suspect I'll go back and forth between them when I bake meringue cookies in the future. I'll have to make sure I have both almond meal and saltines in the pantry now.



This week's host was Mike of
Ugly Food for an Ugly Dude. You'll find the recipe on his blog.


You'll also find other meringues from the TWD bakers on the Tuesdays with Dorie website.





Now, it's back to the kitchen for a whole bunch of make-up baking and cooking.

No comments: