Monday morning, when I read my email, I was delighted to find that I had been asked to host this month's edition of Bread Baking Day. How perfect was that timing!
Bread Baking Day is the monthly event for bread-lovers everywhere, created by the talented and gracious, Zorra from 1x umrühren bitte . Each month, the current host chooses a theme and calls on all bread bakers to get creative and submit their freshly baked bread by the beginning of the following month.
The previous roundup, Bread Baking Day #42, was hosted by Palmira of Come Conmigo El Blog de Palmira. Do stop by Palmira's blog and see all the delicious picnic breads that were submitted.
Because of my tasty experience at Volt, I chose the theme of Onion Breads for BBD43. Let your imaginations run wild! Just use some kind of onion in your bread -- chives, scallions, shallots, spring onions, leeks, red, yellow, or white onions; diced or sliced or whole; caramelized or roasted or sauteed. The form of the bread is up to you.
Here's how to participate in Bread Baking Day #43:
- Bake any kind of bread that includes some kind of onion
- Post about it on your blog with a link back to this post
- Send in one recipe per blog
- Please write your recipe in English
- Non-bloggers can email me the necessary details and your entries will be included
- Send your email to me at jahunt22(at)gmail(dot)com and include:
- Your name
- Your location
- Your blog’s name and URL
- The name of your bread and the post URL (permalink)
- A picture of the bread 250 x 250 pixels
- Subject line: BBD#43: Onion Breads
- Deadline for submission is September 1, 2011
- Roundup will be online September 5, 2011
No crying now. I'm looking forward to seeing all the yummy bread!
(If you want to see all the breads from past Bread Baking Days, follow this link to the archives.)