Tuesday, May 3, 2011

TWD: Basic Marbled Loaf Cake

I should be working, but it's too hot, so I'll take my mind off the heat by posting about this marbled cake.

I was out of town for several days, so my first opportunity to bake it was yesterday afternoon. I had fretted over which flavor to make. It all depended on who was going to consume it.


In the end, social plans evaporated and it was just me and my daughter, and she unequivocally demanded pure chocolate. Easy then.


The cake baked for about 1 hour and 20 minutes. It was a good solid cake, although a bit on the dry side. I have another recipe for a similar cake, pound-type, can be marbled, or not, and it has always turned out perfectly. I may just have to make it again to compare. One thing that I love about marbled cakes is the design -- it's such a surprise package finding out what the marbling actually looks like.



To meet this week's hostess and to find the recipe, head over to Carol of
The Bake More.

Then visit the Tuesdays with Dorie blog to drool over all the flavor variations.

6 comments:

The Bake More said...

I agree, it is so much fun cutting into a marbled cake and finding out what lay hidden inside. I see birds in your marbling pattern. I see eyes and beaks and round little heads. Thanks for baking with me this week. --- Carol

Cakelaw said...

It looks great Judy - you can't lowe with plain chocolate.

Unknown said...

That is some stunning marbling!

Kayte said...

Wow...your marbling is so much fun...looks like pandas doing somersaults! Just love the look of them...such fun this week to see all the marbling.

Peggy said...

Wow I love the way your marbling turned out. Such deep rich color!!!

TeaLady said...

Mine was also a little dry, but I overbaked it. Tasted good tho.