Wednesday, May 25, 2011

BBB: Stromboli

May's challenge from the Bread Baking Babes was Stromboli. This was an easy, delicious, and versatile challenge. Although I used the standard filling (for speediness), I can imagine other ingredients that would work perfectly.


The dough was a dream, silky and fragrant. My filling ingredients were Swiss cheese, prosciutto, pepperoni, basil, and chopped garlic.


All of that was rolled up, sprinkled with sea salt, pepper, and fresh rosemary, chopped finely.




I even remembered to poke holes in the loaf prior to baking. It came out looking like this.



And, when it was sliced open, it looked like this.




Can we say Yum?


There was enough for three dinners, and one lunch. My daughter took two slices for her train trip up north, so transportability is fine. Potlucks, picnics, road or train trips, a perfect companion.



This month's hostess was Elle from Feeding My Enthusiasms, who was inspired by Heather from girlichef. You can get the recipe from either website, so there is no excuse not to make this!






6 comments:

Heather S-G said...

Oh, yours turned out so fat and gorgeous! I swear, each time I see a picture of somebody's stromboli, I want to make it (or at the very least eat a slice...or three) all over again!! Yummy =)

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Totally lovely lovely. Love the perfect thickness of bread layers and tiny air bubble!
Yes, I just made it again.
Great bread with many uses all year round.

Elle said...

A fat and sassy stromboli and it sure looks delicious.

NKP said...

What a perfect looking stromboli!
I am craving it now for breakfast.
Thanks, Chica, for baking with us yet again! xoxo

Elizabeth said...

As Natashya has already mentioned, your stromboli looks perfect! How DID you get the spiral to start in the center like that? Well done.

Thank you for baking with us!

Michelle Stiles said...

I love how tall your stromboli turned out! Nice work! The roll is perfect as well!