Monday, May 16, 2011

FFwD: Catch-up post #1: Scallops and Broccoli

Before the month of May gets away from me, I need to catch up on my posts for French Fridays with Dorie.



First up, the scallops with an caramel-orange sauce.


I used the juice from some of my blood oranges. Here's the beautiful juice



that became the orange-caramel sauce.



The scallops were tenderly dried,



then quickly cooked and sauced.



I definitely loved them, but, then, I love scallops. This recipe is a nice way to dress them up.


The bread crumb-covered broccoli was another hit. Even though I made it days before the scheduled posting date, it's taken me this long to actually make it public. No fault of the broccoli or the recipe!




So, now, it's one done, several more to go.

1 comment:

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

I love scallops so much - I could eat them every single day. Plain, dizzled with a sauce, doesn't really matter to me, but the more caramelized, the better!!