Monday, May 16, 2011

FFwD: Catch-up post #3: Bistrot Paul Bert Pepper Steak

I have a complaint to register regarding this recipe and these steaks.

The filets were too small and the sauce was too delicious.


However, the recipe is quick and easy, so I suppose there is no excuse not to make it again. Soon.


I had two beautiful filets that I crusted with freshly cracked black pepper, then sauteed.



In my liquor cabinet, I had a small bottle of Courvoisier cognac -- just perfect for this recipe.




My daughter jokes that I have a really excellent liquor collection for someone who doesn't drink very much. I mostly use my alcohol for cooking. Usually I forget I have it. It's a good thing that alcohol doesn't spoil!




We both loved this steak and the sauce. I might just have to buy a regular-sized bottle of cognac for future use.





Another winner from French Fridays with Dorie.

1 comment:

liquor cabinet said...

the steak and the sauce look so delicious!