Monday, February 16, 2009

BBB Buddy: Five-Grain Bread with Walnuts


The Bread Baking Babes are at it again. Today they announced the latest challenge, Five-Grain Bread with Walnuts, courtesy of Tanna (My Kitchen in Half Cups).


Amazingly, I had every ingredient on hand, much to my surprise. So, today’s baking project was the Five-grain bread. I have to say that the house was filled with a truly delicious aroma while this bread was baking. I waited as long as I could to slice the loaf and slather a piece with butter. It tasted as good as it looked and smelled, and the walnuts were a lovely touch.



If you want to try this bread recipe, too, go to Tanna’s blog. From there you can also see the efforts of all the other Babes.


I’m sure this bread will disappear quickly, so I will most likely be baking another batch very soon.

8 comments:

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Good golly miss molly you are a fast one!
The walnuts are really lovely.
Now try cream cheese and peanut butter. . .

Karen Baking Soda said...

Whaaaat? Warp speed bread, great job Judy! You're so right, the smell of this bread baking -and cooling!- is amazing!

Lien said...

That was quick! Looking good this bread of yours. Glad you liked this bread too!

NKP said...

Good heavens you are quick!
Amazing that you had all the flours - you are certainly a well stocked baker.
So happy that you loved the bread - definitely worth making again.
Congrats on a fine loaf!

Monique said...

I know , this bread sounded so great that this time I was the first Bread Baking Babe to make it ! Normaly I'm the last one...
It 's sure a bread to make right away. And it's worth it .
Glad you baked with us !!

Engineer Baker said...

Whoa that was fast! Hmph. Now you're making me feel inadequate - I think a grocery trip for random flours is in order this evening :)

breadchick said...

I think you and I were baking this bread at exactly the same time!!

Well done.

Anonymous said...

It definitely smelled great while baking, especially when first slicing into the loaf.