Tuesday, June 7, 2011

TWD: Blueberry-Brown Sugar Plain Cake

This week's Tuesdays with Dorie recipe was a plain, brown sugar cake with blueberries. Unassuming at best.

But.

Betcha can't eat just one piece . . . .



Blueberries are in season now, so this is a timely dessert, easy to prepare, and very moist and tender. It calls for an 11 x 7 pan, which I have and actually use constantly. It's a bit more shallow than a 9x9 or an 8x8 pan, so my blueberries didn't really sink that much.



A sprinkle of powdered sugar is all that's needed to complete the dessert.


Our hostess this week is Cindy of Everyday Insanity. Stop by her site to get the recipe and read her blog.


Then head over to the TWD website for more cake.

11 comments:

Cakelaw said...

Your cake looks great Judy! Makes me want to go again.

Cindy said...

Beautiful Cake! My berries did sink, even in an 11x7 in pan! Thanks for baking with me!

Hindy said...

Lovely Cake! Ours disappeared quickly too.

Nicole said...

I used an 7x11 oval baker and it worked but my blueberries sank. This was really good and yours looks great.

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Congrats on your berries not sinking! Your cake looks lovely - in fact, you can send over a piece for my lunch today! ;)

Unknown said...

My muffins were gone in a flash. This should have been called the disappearing cake. Yours looks great.

Rachel said...

your cake looks great! and i love your pretty plate!

Kayte said...

It certainly does not look plain on that lovely plate. We loved the brown sugar in this. I'm making this again soon. Need summer reading list...send yours asap.

Buttercreambarbie said...

love the look of yours - fluffy n yummy.

TeaLady said...

Was a tsty little snack cake wasn't it. Definitely a repeat.

Mary said...

It looks fabulous with the blueberries and I'll definitely be making that version soon. Or making that version with 10 adaptations, knowing me!