Tuesday, June 14, 2011

TWD: Chocolate-Mint Biscotti


This week's Tuesdays with Dorie recipe was Chocolate Biscotti. Instead of chopped chocolate, I went renegade and used mint chips. Bright green ones. The yum factor was over the top.


Here are the dough logs right before going into the oven. One appears nuttier than the other for some reason.



The cookie logs after baking for 25 minutes.



Sliced and ready to bake again. I sliced the first log straight across. I sliced the second log on the bias, which made for more elegant-looking biscotti.



However they were sliced, these mint-chocolate biscotti were super delicious. Even better, they weren't rock-hard as most biscotti are. I'm looking forward to dunking in the morning.


Straight-sliced biscotti.




Bias-sliced (pretty) biscotti.


This week's hostess was Jacque of Daisy Lane Cakes. Stop by Jacque's blog for the recipe. And while you're munching away on your homemade biscotti, visit the TWD blog to see all the other variations.

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Those mint chips look fun! What a great green color. I've never had chocolate mint biscotti and I should give those a try.

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Love the mint chips! These would be gorgeous at Christmas! :)

Tia said...

what a colorful surprise! gorgeous.
Buttercreambarbie

Leslie said...

What a fun combination! I bet they were delicious!

Cakelaw said...

I love the choc mint combo Judy - I shall have to try them again like this.

Gourmified said...

ah ha!!!! I almost did mint, and then grabbed a bag of white chocolate chips I wanted to finish off. Sheesh! Yours look to die for! Guess I'll have to bake another batch...darn it...

TeaLady said...

Chocolate and mint! What a great combo.