Tuesday, September 28, 2010

TWD: Tarte Fine


Since it was only 85 degrees in the house this morning instead of yesterday's 100 degrees, I thought, well, heck, why not go ahead and bake the Tarte Fine. I didn't want to disappoint Leslie, who chose this week's recipe.


It didn't take very long to thaw out the frozen puff pastry, and while I prepared the apples and the various brush-on/sprinkle-on bits, I kept it in the refrigerator to keep it cool.


Here it is, ready for the oven.



Fresh out of the oven.



Glazed with melted apricot preserves.



Quick and easy and ready to eat.



You can find the recipe on Leslie's blog, Lethally Delicious, and all the versions and comments from the other bakers on the Tuesdays with Dorie blog.

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Aww! Thanks, Judy, that is so sweet! But I totally understand that 100 degrees is not baking weather. Your tart looks so good, especially those uniform slices of apple. Thanks for baking along with me this week!

Tia said...

that's meticulous, the way you laid out your apples. wow!

Jeannette said...

Oh your tarte looks SO fab!! I was going for this look, and I obviously failed ;) I could learn a few things from you!

Unknown said...

Oh my, look at those perfect rows of apples. Glad it cooled off (a little) for you so you could try this one!

Liz said...

Yum! I love the orderly apples, marching in a line down the puff pastry. What I DON'T love is this horrid SoCal heat, but we can't let a little too much sun stop us from TWD, right?

natalia said...

Ciao ! Fantastic step by step !! Here the wheather is becoming fresher !

Mary said...

that is so perfect, and in the heat too! Good thing you also made some ice cream.
:)