Monday, September 27, 2010

A Late Tarte Fine for TWD


This was the temperature inside my house last night around 8:00 pm. By 11 pm, it had dropped to a chilly 85 degrees.

I honestly didn't think the little marker thingie could go beyond 90 degrees.

I was wrong.

Sometime during the late afternoon, it hit 100 degrees. Now, at 9:30 pm, it reads 91. My granite counter top is still hot enough to melt butter. There was no baking today. Perhaps it will be cool enough in the morning. Worst case scenario is sometime on Wednesday.

There are those unfortunate people, living here in southern California, who thought the cool, lovely summer was a bad thing.

Not me.

I loved it.

This hot weather? I abhor it.

As soon as the real estate market recovers, I'm heading for a more civilized climate. Los Angeles and its surrounding communities can keep their 113 degrees for themselves.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

When I heard the high temperature down there on the news tonight, I was in shock. It was 95 here, and that was plenty hot. Like you, no a/c. I hope it cools off very soon!

Lisa said...

I know what you mean. I was in LA experiencing these ridiculous temperatures. I had thought I left hot weather behind me in AZ, but I guess you can never tell. Also looking forward to things cooling down since I've got some baking I want to do as well.

Megan said...

Well, don't even THINK of moving to Vegas - unless you want to roast even more!