Thursday, November 5, 2009

TWD: Yummy Molasses Spice Cookies

Indecision is a terrible thing.

For instance, in trying to decide which Dorie delight I would make this week, I waffled back and forth until Wednesday. On Wednesday, I decided to bake the molasses spice cookies, and I'm glad I did.



They are absolutely delicious. And that's according to everyone who had one.



I rolled the cookie-dough balls in my large crystallized sugar bits and sprinkled more on top just for kicks.



I only baked 6 cookies per sheet because I knew they would spread. I also let the baked cookies sit a few minutes on the baking sheet so they would be easier to remove to the cooling racks.




These cookies will definitely go on the bake-again list. Thanks to Pamela of Cookies with the Boys for a top-notch choice. Visit the TWD blog to learn more.

(Yes, I did include the black pepper. It adds a nice depth to the spicy flavor.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cookies look great! They were delicious!

Nichicakes said...

They are so yummy. I like the extra sprinkle of sugar on yours

Megan said...

More sugar = more tastiness! Although I left out the pepper, I really liked these cookies.

Unknown said...

Your cookies look terrific! I *loved* this recipe also--cant wait to make them again! The sugar on yours looks perfect!

TeaLady said...

these look perfect. and they were sooo good.

Pamela said...

Thanks for baking the cookies with me. i really enjoyed them, too. And your cookies look so pretty with the sugar.

Amanda said...

I loved these too! These were delicious. Yours look wonderful :)

Kayte said...

I know, I know, I'm a little late with this, but sometimes life just gets like that for me and then I terrorize your inbox with like five comments in a row and you think, "What the heck...." LOL. These cookies look great and we loved, loved, loved them. The black pepper definitely is a nice little addition. I love how your tops look with the large crystals.