Thursday, November 12, 2009

BB: Crème brulée

The first Barefoot Blogger recipe for November is an Absolute Winner! Crème brulée was the choice of Suzie from Munch + Nibble.


It was so easy to make, too. While my egg yolks and sugar were gently mixing, I heated the cream in the microwave, using my 1-qt glass measuring cup.

Then I slowly poured the cream into the egg/sugar mixture.

When it was blended, I poured the cream/egg/sugar mixture back into the measuring cup. It was a piece of cake to fill the glass ramekins.

Just before serving, I use my handy little torch to caramelize the sugar topping.



The texture on these brulées is fantastic -- so velvety and smooth. Although there's a bit of Triple Sec in mine, it was barely noticeable. May have to use more next time, because it does add a little something extra.



I highly recommend this particular Crème brulée recipe, both for the ease of preparation and the deliciousness. Go on over to the Barefoot Blogger site for more opinions.

7 comments:

Karen said...

I thought this recipe turned out really great, too!

Megan said...

Creme brulee is perfect - and Ina's recipes never let us down, do they?

Michelle said...

You did a beautiful job caramelizing the tops with the torch. Aren't torches fun! I love mine and feel so empowered when I use it...LOL!

Future Grown-Up said...

Congrats on a great job with the Creme Brulee. Now I'm motivated to get a blowtorch of my own.

Karine said...

You did an amazing job with these creme brulee! Thanks for sharing :)

Joanne said...

Creme brulee is my absolute favorite dessert. Ever. But I definitely can't be trusted around a blowtorch. So I will have to satisfy my cravings by staring at your pictures. And possibly finding the nearest French restaurant to my apartment.

Eva said...

I'm jealous. Yours are so pretty. At least mine tasted good too.