Thursday, November 26, 2009

BB: Company Pot Roast

Later today we will be having our Thanksgiving feast, but for now, the treat of the day is Company Pot Roast, a dish truly acceptable for guests.

I did decide to halve the recipe and use a hefty beef chuck roast from the local grocery. While it was cooking in the oven, the house was filled with the most delicious aroma, thanks to an abundance of aromatic vegetables, some homemade chicken stock, some good quality red wine, and a dash of brandy. (It wasn't much brandy, but I'm sure it made all the difference!)

When time was up, I removed the casserole from the oven.


It was time to let the meat rest a bit and prepare the sauce.


Rather than transfer back and forth from pan to blender and back, I just used my hand-held stick blender to puree the mixture to my preferred consistency, and then add some beurre manie to slightly thicken the sauce.


The end result was tender pot roast and some fabulous sauce. There was enough left over to provide at least one more meal, and any extra sauce will be excellent over pasta.


Ina's Company Pot Roast was selected by Lisa of Lime in the Coconut, and it's one dish I highly recommend. Hop over to the Barefoot Blogger site to see more.

1 comment:

NKP said...

Mmmm, sounds heavenly!