Friday, April 24, 2009

BB: Monsieur but not Madame


Today we had homemade chicken soup for lunch, unlike yesterday, when Monsieur came to visit. Croque Monsieur, that is. Lunches are always a desert for me for some reason. I prefer to eat lunch out, because very few things are inspiring, and let's face it: sandwiches always taste better made by someone else. But yesterday, we stayed in and enjoyed this fancy grilled ham and cheese sandwich.


It was a winner.
I used whole wheat bread because that is what I had, and also used some cassis-flavored Dijon mustard. I also forgot to take photos of the work-in-progress, except for the bread. I get so caught up in the process that I forget until it is too late and everything is assembled.


The second Barefoot Blogger recipe of the month, brought to us by
Kathy of All Food Considered, was Croque Monsieur. Croque Madame stayed home, but would have been just as delicious had she visited as well.

4 comments:

Suzie said...

Very cute post

Engineer Baker said...

I'm never very interesting when it comes to lunch - leftovers or a salad are about it. This looks wonderful though.

Leslie said...

I forget to take pictures more often than I remember. Your sandwich looks great!

Megan said...

I think you're right - unless you are eating out, lunch is just "meh". Never very exciting all. But I'd get excited if someone made that sandwich for me!